QUESTIONS to ask before listing your home for sale
1. Does the house or any part of the house need painting?
2. What about the windows and screens? Any holes? Do they need cleaning? Do they work well or do they need attention?
3. What is the buyer’s first impression as they step inside the house? What can I do to improve it?
4. Does the carpet need cleaning? How about replacing?
5. Are all appliances in good working order?
6. Do any cabinets need to be touched up or refinished?
7. Can I remove items from the kitchen cabinets to make them appear more spacious?
8. The buyer will be looking in the closets, should I remove some of the clothes to make them look roomier?
9. Is there any furniture I could remove to make rooms appear larger?
10. What is the buyer’s first impression of the exterior of the house? What can I do to improve it?
11. Shall I reseed the lawn and get my landscaping in top shape?
12. Are the garage and storage areas as clean and neat as they should be?
13. Should I remove special items that a buyer may want as part of the house? For example, a lighting fixture?
14. Are pets under control at all times?
15. Is the price and terms offered going to appeal to most of the buying public in my price range?